The Little Things That Could - Part 5 (Final)


The fifth, and final installment in the series: The Little Things That Could (if you haven't read them: 1, 2, 3, and 4), let me give you a bit of insight about my hair. It's sometimes wavy, it's sometimes curly; and it is always frizzy. For years I struggled with my hair shape and texture, and a few butchered haircuts left me afraid of hair salons and brushing. I now cut my hair in the privacy of my own home, and if I fuck it up I have no one to blame but myself; brushing was left for hair-washing days.
And then, I read about the Mason Pearson brushes, and I knew, instantly, that they were expensive. I sure as hell couldn't justify asking anyone for a $100+ brush, and I didn't. But then I got a job, and I could spend it as wisely or unwisely as I wanted! (just kidding, I try to be conscious of my expenses...most of the time...). Although it is expensive, I will say that I don't believe the purchase was unwise. Having an expensive brush not only makes me brush my hair more, but has also proven to deliver the promises it made.

I'd used the Tangle Teaser, a Swisco brush, and combs. But the Mason Pearson brush (I got the normal Nylon and Boar mix) redistributed the oils (I have plenty) in my scalp, and has provided me with a whole new ritual. Brushing my hair has never been so enjoyable. I would say that it is a product worth saving your pennies and investing in. Give yourself a treat.