The Little Things That Could - Part 2


Nails. I've talked about them several times here and here and needless to say, I like my nails to be in order. Chipped manicures give me a twitch, and I suffered for a while from peeling nails. As a teen, I used to have the habit of taking off my polish in the shower...by scraping it off...I probably don't need to tell you just how bad that is for your nails, since you end up scraping off the top layer of your nail as well. Then, the debacle with the no-chip manicure caused my nails to become brittle, peeling, and essentially awful. Aside from incorporating a healthier diet into my regime (I say this while I eat a coconut macaroon, but we're allowed cheat days, right? Right?!), I also incorporated the products above.

The buffer (cheap, from Walgreen's) creates a smoother surface, the Nutra Nail gives them just that, nutrients, and finally the NailAid Instant Wrap - the Peeling Nail from NailAid was a staple a few years back - helps protect my nails and retain moisture. At night I've also taken to using Rosebud balm around my cuticles and on the nails itself, and I try to use lotion on my hands after washing to prevent dehydration. Now, I can say that my nails actually look good without nail polish, and I don't feel the need to hide them anymore. I will also say, that I have started using 5-free polishes from Zoya, and I think that is also an important factor.