Messing Around With Noodles


I respect anyone who can cook. Delicious food is always welcomed, and the people who can make it are even more so! Now, I wouldn't say that I am a great cook, because the fact of the matter is, I don't cook. But every once in a while, when the choices involve sandwiches, I have to say "enough is enough" and scavenge the kitchen for ingredients.

Monday was one of those days. Plus, I had been craving noodles for days at this point.
It's simple, really. Experimentation at it's best - or maybe worst? Simply took the entire udon noodles from the package (there's 5 people in my house, so it actually wasn't enough!) cooked them as instructed. Then in a deep pan I added olive oil, yakisoba sauce, soy sauce (only about a tablespoon of each), green onions, spinach, and chopped dried seaweed. Finally, I sprinkled sesame seeds over it. Traditional Asian? Definitely not! Good? Yup! Food doesn't always have to be "authentic" or adhere to the strict guidelines of the so-called masters to be good and enjoyable with friends and family. The point is that cooking can be fun when you mess around with it.