Raw Tuna Tostadas


I'm apparently quickly turning into a food blog. Or, it might just be that with all my new free time, I have been cooking (and eating) far more than I should be. Either way, I made tuna tostadas and they were absolutely delicious. Some people might not be too keen on raw fish, but everyone at my house happens to love it so....here it is!


Recipe (sorry, no measurements. at. all):
1 Avocado
1/2 Lemon
Pinch of dill?
Wasabi (to your liking, obviously)
2 Tuna sashimi steaks

Chop the tuna into small cubes/pieces, and divide into two separate bowls. I made two different versions, one with wasabi and another without (my mom doesn't like spicy foods). Cut avocado in half and cut both halves into small pieces. Divide the avocado between the two bowls. To the spicy bowl, add your wasabi (which we made by mixing water with the wasabi powder you can buy at any Asian food store). Add dill to both bowls. Then squeeze half a lemon onto the two bowls. If you like it more tangy, use half a lemon for each bowl. Using a spoon, mix thoroughly. Finally, just add a small spoonful of the salad onto round tortilla chips and enjoy!
*Just realized while writing this, that I didn't add salt. So, please feel free to add a pinch of salt to both salads (but remember to keep it to a minimum, as you want the flavor of the tuna and avocado to pop!)
We enjoyed the tostadas with some fried plantains and paella. The white apple-looking thing above is actually jicama, which I chopped into french-fry style!

Let me know if you try it at home!