Hair Products - Toni&Guy and Vatika


I am not a particularly high-maintenance person when it comes to hair either, and I find that adding product to my hair just makes it greasier and weighed down. I wash my wavy/curly hair (it has a mind of its own) (I used to hate my hair so much in high school!) every 3-4 days on average. My scalp gets oilier the quickest, and my ends can get pretty dry. Since cutting my hair, however, I've tried taking a bit more time to style it and take care of it. And here is where these products come in:



Walgreens now seems to carry Toni&Guy products (and the ones downtown Chicago are even nicer!) along with some other brands that I am excited to try! Anyway...I have heard a lot about sea salt sprays and I wanted to give it a go. Especially since I have been craving the sea for the past six months and wanted to get as close to it as possible - even if it wasn't physically. The spray smells great, and it gives my hair a really nice texture and volume. It doesn't feel stiff or heavy after using it. I love to keep the small travel-sized version in my bag.


Now, I (okay, my mom) stumbled upon this on my first trip to the Merz Apothecary in Chicago: Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil. It smells absolutely divine, and my coconut obsession just seems even more warranted with this product. Since it has lemon in it, it isn't overly coconut-y but it is sweet - which some people might now like at first. However, the smells eventually fades and it is just a bit subtle. It was a really good price for the amount that there is and the amount that I actually use. I avoid using much, since it can make my hair look overly greasy. A squeeze smaller than your fingernail is enough. I usually apply it after blow-drying my hair (which I have found straightens my hair a bit, and makes it easier to brush and manage) mostly to my ends and then work the remaining on my roots. Winter dryness be gone with this stuff! Definitely recommend this to anyone!