The Road Less Travelled

Or at least for you, anyway.

Today, after work, I took a different route to the train station. My summer internship is by the Navy Pier, and I always choose to walk to Ogilvie for the sake of exercise and because it truly is an enjoyable time. Well, today I chose to go down Dearborn from the the Water Tower, and it was such a good choice! There were several new stores I'd never seen and since I took it at a comfortable pace, I got to take in all the different sites.

I took the time today to really contemplate how I was going about living my life, and I always get rather pensive when I look at all the commuters making their way to their respective jobs. I often wonder about the lives they lead, and just how happy they are with it. It seems to me, that we are all living our lives in a heightened state of stress, where we are constantly concerned about something--whether it be money, the government, wars, our appearances, and even about other people. We are rushing toward tomorrow, and it seems as though we are not enjoying the today anymore. So today I changed the pace a bit, and took a different route, and I realized that there is so much to see in just this city alone. And we can live our lives being scared and worried, or we can seize the moments the instant they happen; and most importantly, we must stop worrying about the things that don't matter--and that don't exist.

So, enjoy some of the pictures I took as I was walking (this time I shamelessly stopped in front of stores, on the bridge, and at street crossings. I didn't care if I looked like a tourist or not!)(Part of this whole seize the moment thing is not caring so much of what others might think of you!!)