A More "European" Chicago

I came across the Instituto Cervantes again, and decided this time to go ahead and see what was inside. They have Spanish classes, and apparently once a week they hold a book club which apparently meets every 6 to 7 days, and I am seriously considering joining!








Walking around the northern part of the loop (by the Water Tower), I noticed this part has a nicer feel to the architecture than the skyscrapers that are so abundant these days.






Walks around the city for me are quite therapeutic, and they remind me of the summer I went to Paris and Madrid. Time seems to slow, and all your worries sort of drift. I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and flipped through a book about being an adventurer, and they talked about the importance of aimless wandering. I definitely agree. Sometimes the most amazing discoveries are made when you simply walk and don't follow a plan. That's why I have never been a fan of tour groups, or detailed traveled schedules. You try to see everything as quickly as possible, but you never really get to enjoy the things you see.

So take the time to slow down, and see the world around you at a different angle.