Hydrating Your Face


I may not be a big makeup person, but I am definitely big on creams and moisturizers for my face. There hasn't been a large selection of creams that I have tried, but these four have been used extensively - in other words, they're either almost empty or already empty. I have what they industry likes to call "combination skin", which essentially means that I get oily in certain parts of my face, and dry in others. I have surprisingly oily eyelids and sometimes my forehead, but around my nose and between my eyebrows it's a complete desert!

Bee Yummy Skin Food - I actually heard about this in a "What's in my bag" video with Cara Delevingne for Topshop (here's the link) and she apparently really liked it. After looking up reviews and people talking about it, everyone seemed to rave about it so I decided to give it a go. I actually bought it off Amazon because shipping was much cheaper, but if I buy it again I might just buy it directly from the seller. It's very good, it does feel like my face gets pretty hydrated and it doesn't break me out which is a MAJOR bonus. However, I don't think it made miracles for my skin, but I don't know if that's because I wasn't using it enough.
Pro: Organic, nothing toxic in it, and doesn't break me out
Con: My dad and my brother hate the smell, very "natural" and "earthy" smell

Chanel's Hydramax + Active Serum - I bought this during a holiday at the airport. It was duty-free and I convinced my dad that I need another Chanel product (I was big on Chanel cosmetics during that time). It is the most expensive cream I have probably ever gotten, but I have to admit, it works wonders! Because it is so expensive I don't wear it often, and usually at night. And when I wake up my face feels soft and hydrated. Definitely does what it says on the bottle. The texture is very light, so you don't need much - just a small pump. And let me just say, it smells amazing!
Pro: Super hydrating, light texture, don't need much
Con: Really expensive

La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche - Bought this cream during my trip to Paris. It was a bit chilly that June, and raining pretty much every day, and I found that my face was getting really dehydrated. I had heard many things about the pharmacies in Paris and of course had to check it out! I had my friend make sure I wasn't buying foot cream! This cream is also pretty light, and doesn't really have a fragrance which is nice since it doesn't offend anyone. Plus, I like to wear perfume and would prefer not to have too many smells competing against each other. A small amount also goes a long way with this cream! I actually already ran out of it, and I am considering buying it at the Walgreens downtown, but it's a lot more expensive to purchase here than it is abroad. Maybe I'll wait until I make another trip to France (just looking for excuses now to go!).
Pro: Fragrance free, light, hydrating
Con: Expensive in the US

Argan Oil - This is an oil I use at night to provide some intense hydration, for days when my face could use some major help! It helps clear my complexion a bit, and I did notice it reduces redness and dark acne marks. This is also excellent for removing makeup! Rub it between fingers and apply it to your face. Also good for applying to dry hair.
Pro: Natural, hydrating
Con: Expensive - especially if bought from makeup stores