Following the River



I came across this park by the Streeterville "neighborhood"--if that's what you call them, I'm not actually sure. Anyway, I actually love fountains; I think they bring such a nice break to concrete scenery. Which is why I tend to dislike this modern designs. For me, the design seems a bit cold and unattractive, and the color simply adds to the blandness of the skyscrapers. Can you tell I'm not a huge fan of a lot of modern design concepts?


However, the way the glass reflects the blue sky is, I admit, rather appealing.







Parks are such an important part of communities, and this park I found lining the river. There are several pubs along the way, which makes for a good time for those interested in having a beer and watching the tourist boats pass by.









I took the path that followed the river all the way to Michigan Avenue, and I definitely loved it. But I think perhaps I need to find other places to see around Chicago. Though my work is in the loop, I still have to try and get to the north suburbs like Ukrainian Village.